PLEASE NOTE: T
The following programs that were temporary put on hold due to COVID-19 will resume in person sessions the week of February 7th:
CCRR Playgroups (resume Monday February 7)
CCRR Whistler Playgroup (resumes February 22)
IDP Playgroups (resumes Monday February 7)
StrongStarts (resume Tuesday February 8)
HPOP Drop-ins (resumes Monday February 7)
Considering the recent decline in case numbers and the easing of some provincial restrictions, SSCS will begin hosting in person sessions early next week. Please locate the program in Programs and Services for details specific to that program.
Our number one priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff and clients.
While the risk of contracting the illness remains low, we recognize that you may have some questions about how we’re responding to this evolving situation.
We urge everyone to take calm precautions and do their best to reduce the risk of spreading illness. These are a few easy ways to ensure lower risk of contracting and sharing any virus:
- Wash your hands frequently with warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds after using the washroom, sneezing, coughing, preparing food, and touching public surfaces.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, and eyes.
- Cough and sneeze into the crease of your elbow.
- Do your best to stay home if you present cold or flu-like symptoms and call 8-1-1 if you think you may have COVID-19 or are experiencing an unexplained shortness of breath.
The following additional agency-wide measures are in place, as we continue to monitor the situation:
Programs and Services:
- Staff or clients who have travelled outside the country are asked not to enter programs or work sites, before 14 days of self-quarantine.
- Staff attending home visits, are encouraged to call before entering to ensure everyone is healthy; wash your hands before and after the visit
Sanitation and Cleaning Services:
- Increased levels of janitorial cleaning for all common areas of all work sites and facilities
- Hand sanitizers are available are most common areas, subject to availability
We encourage our staff and clients to stay informed about the facts surrounding COVID-19 and recommend the following links to qualified authorities: