Opportunity to Join the Sea to Sky Community Services
Board of Directors
Do you want to play an active role in your community? Sea to Sky Community Services is looking for a few awesome community members to join our board. With almost 200 staff, and many more volunteers, Sea to Sky Community Services is the largest non-profit social service organization in the Sea to Sky corridor, providing services to thousands of people every year.
As part of our Volunteer Board of Directors, you’ll have an opportunity to work along side other community members and organizations to drive the organization’s strategic direction and guide planning that ensures SSCS continues to provide vital community supports within a diverse, growing, and dynamic region.
What we do
Some of SSCS’s programs and services include:
- Life skills and community access for adults with a developmental disability
- Community and employment services for adults with a developmental disability
- Affordable non-market and social housing
- $10 a Day ChildCareBC centres
- Out-of-school care and preschool aged programs
- Outreach services to support adults, families, and seniors in need
- Integrated services for youth (Foundry)
- A Youth Hub (Foundry)
- Early childhood development programs
- Outreach services that support families through training programs and counselling services
- Homeless prevention and outreach
- Food Bank and food security development
For a complete list of our more than 40 programs and services click here
Right now, we’re looking for people who….
• Live in the Sea to Sky Corridor
• Have a professional background in either Law, Accounting or Human Resources
• Want to give their time and knowledge and work collaboratively to help make a difference in the lives of people in our community.
If this is you….
Contact Stephen Reichert (one of our current board members) at firstname.lastname@example.org with some information about yourself, including a bit about your professional experience as well as a brief description of why you are interested in joining the board.
Don’t have the time right now but still want to support your community? You can donate here. Don’t forget to also follow us on our digital channels.
SSCS acknowledges with gratitude that it operates and provides services on the unceded ancestral territories of the Coast Salish Peoples and Interior Salish Peoples, serving the Sea to Sky Corridor of Skwxwú7mesh, Stl’atl’imx, Lil’wat, Samahquam, Skatin, Xa’xtsa and N’Quatqua Nations. SSCS, is committed to supporting Truth and Reconciliation recommendations through intentional and
meaningful partnerships and program delivery.